Location: Sydney, Australia
Contexti is a specialist Big Data Analytics Solutions company serving the Australian market. With strong partnerships with AWS, Cloudera, Talend and Mesosphere, we provide training, consulting and managed services for some Australia’s leading enterprises where data is at the heart of their business transformation.
We are a small but growing Sydney based team; most work is performed from our CBD office location, but occasionally we will work from customer sites. We prioritise cultivation of positive relationships with customers and seek to provide a good team atmosphere with a healthy work-life balance. While not for everyone, a significant portion of us are also on a quest to identify and consume the best Ramen and Laksa Sydney has to offer.
We’re looking for an experienced Linux Administrator who will be responsible for maintaining, designing, implementing, and monitoring predominantly cloud based systems. Collaboration with other team members is essential as we continue to develop automation strategies and deployment processes. You will become an integral part of the team, taking ownership of implementation work as well as working ad hoc problems through to resolution.
- Implement, maintain and support solutions that enable positive outcomes for our customers.
- Take on complex integration problems making diverse application components work together.
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure.
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools.
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions.
- Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team.
- Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure.
- Looking for purpose in your work and the company you work for
- You’re ready to learn, grow and contribute
- You love to help customers and team members
You have the following skills:
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages including Bash and Python.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Apache Httpd, MySQL, nginx, etc.
- Exposure to Kerberos, and better still experience integrating Linux with Active Directory, e.g. SSSD, Centrify, etc.
- Basic knowledge of configuration management tools (e.g as Ansible, Puppet and Chef).
- Exposure to infrastructure versioning, provisioning and continuous integration tools (e.g Jenkins, HashiCorp TerraForm/Vagrant/Packer).
- Familiarity with load balancing (e.g. HAProxy), firewalls, etc.
- Experience with containerisation technologies, such as Docker, Apache Mesos, DC/OS, etc.
- Experience with prominent core AWS services (VPN, VPC, EC2, EBS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch etc).
- Hadoop experience would be an added bonus, but is not a requirement – you can learn this from us.
- Most likely you will have a Computer Science Degree, you will certainly have relevant industry experience.
HOW TO APPLY
- You must hold the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
- Please send your resume and short cover note to email@example.com
Note to Recruiters – We will be filling these roles directly.
For more resources, please see below: