Phil Hayes-St Clair, from Founder to Founder podcast recently interviewed Contexti – Big Data Analytics Founder & CEO Sidney Minassian about his entrepreneurial rollercoaster that started in 2000.
Prior to launching his current venture Contexti, Sidney built a project management and workflow software company, Think Software, serving financial markets, construction and professional services industries. He then moved to Silicon Valley, USA to launch his next venture, Liaise, a platform that used natural language processing of unstructured data in emails to improve personal and team productivity.
In this podcast, Sidney talks about:
- Learning from failure
- The value of owning and accepting outcomes
- The recovery process between ventures and how to reflect, recoup and rebuild
- Why building a venture is all about people
- Looking for scalable, repeatable business models
- The Contexti origin story – positioning as a niche player in the emerging Big Data industry.